Summer is in full swing here on the west coast and I am loving our long summer days. With that being said, with all my new-found success with freezer cooking, I am preparing for another BIG cooking day this weekend! I am going to take one of the long summer days and cook - ALL day long, or at least as long as I can tolerate it! :)
I have to admit, I think that this has been my FAVORITE freezer to crockpot recipe yet! And that is saying something if you have noticed the shear amount of of freezer cooking that I have been doing lately! There is just something quite tasty about a Chicken Fajita and cooking it in the crockpot did not disappoint. I found this recipe at Fun With Sharps. Along with our dinner, it also served us leftovers for several lunches. UmUmGood!
What you need:
1-2 lbs. Chicken Breasts
2 Bell Peppers cut into slices
1 Onion sliced
1/2 Cup Chicken broth
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning (or make your own)
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1. Label the Freezer Bag with the Instructions.
2. Put all the ingredients in a Large Freezer Bag & Freeze
3. When you are ready, throw it all into the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. (The original recipe said to cook on low for 6 hours, but it was fine with 8 hours.)
4. Before eating, shred the chicken meat and add it back to the sauce.
5. Serve on tortillas with all the great things that go on Fajitas (salsa, guacamole, lettuce, etc.)
I cannot wait to try this one again! My hubs tends to like foods a little spicier that I can handle, but this meal had enough kick to make him happy and was mild enough that I could eat it (I also had avocados on mine, so that may have toned down the spice too). :) I will admit, thinking about this meal is making me hungry again!