Christmas is right around the corner and that means it is cookie season (in my mind, anyway). In attempts to prepare for the season, I made my boyfriend the guinea pig for a new recipe. We are both trying to live more healthy lifestyles, so when I found a flourless cookie on Chocolate and Carrot's website, I knew that it was one that I had to try! Although the consistency was slightly different than a typical cookie, they were surprisingly yummy, although quite rich! I needed a big glass of milk after eating my first one!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 - 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of 60% cacao chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder & salt
- Whisk in vanilla and start with 2 egg whites (add additional eggs, one at a time, if it looks to thick). The batter should look moist - like a brownie batter. I used 4, but my batter was a bit to thin.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Place spoon fulls onto baking sheets. I used parchment paper on mine - they spread quite a bit!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes - until the tops are glossy and have small cracks in them
[caption id="attachment_176" align="aligncenter" width="240"] Flourless Double Chocolate Cookie[/caption]
(Found on Chocolate and Carrots and originally from Recipe Girl.)
I'm still eating the ones you made and froze for me.ReplyDelete
Good! That's what they are there for! ;)ReplyDelete